Tuesday, December 30, 2008

You, Mother-In-Law, and Your Fridge...


Hi people~ I'm done with my holidays. I had a fannnnnnntastic 6-day holidays. How about you?

Now I'm back to the office with less work to do since my bosses are still on holidays. Yay!! I should be enjoying my work life while the bosses are not around, shouldn't I? =D

Anyway, that's not the thing. My 6 days off. Well.. I had the whole first 2 days with my dear. We had our fun going places, shopping and do some stuff. You know, the kindda stuff that you do before your mother in law (MIL) gives you a visit. YESS! My MIL had paid us a visit. So I've been spending the rest of four days with my MIL and dear's family.

Apparently, this second visit had made me realize about a lot of things. I'm glad that I manage to see things in a different perspective. Previously, I've shared some experience about what to do if your MIL is coming for a visit, and this time is more like ho to convince you MIL that you love her son and take good care of him, emotionally and physically.

I'd like to remind you once again on some few important stuffs. And of course, this is not happening to me. It's just some advice from a friend.

Here's the thing. Apart of making your house in super clean condition, please make sure that you get rid of "unwanted" things from your fridge. Ha ha! Yeah, yeah..I know..it may sound ridiculous, but some people were too busy to clean their fridge. Believe me. They still have the food that still in pack which she bought from a market 2 weeks ago.. Still have the bloated milk, onions that turn into a plant in your own fridge and many more.. Please check your fridge ya. That's the whole thing about it. You know why? I tell you why..



Because..



SOMETIMES your MIL might go and check your fridge, to "see" how actually you take care of her beloved son, what do you feed him, do you feed him with healthy food and many more. Ouh, some MIL can tell what kindda wife are you by just looking through your fridge. So, just be ready.

Before she came by, make sure you put a lot of veges, some meat, milk, cheese and fill in the blank. You know, just fill whatever food that wont make your fridge look empty. This is not to be so fake, or trying to impress or pretend, but just in case if she wanna eat some fruits or juice for breakfast. So you have everything in your fridge that you don't hafta worry about. =D

For Malaysians, don't forget to prepare all the spices, belacan, chilli paste, and all those simple, basic spices in your kitchen. Again, for the same reason - just in case she wanna cook for her son. Or if she WANTS you to cook for them.

Above all, please keep your recipe book at the safest place, nearest you at the kitchen. So you can possibly prepare any kind a food for them, since THIS IS THE SECOND VISIT.. Remember that..

Last but not least, all it takes is just some effort and sincerity. Smile is the best medicine. That will show her that you're confident with your capability to have a perfect life with her son. MIL will simply love you for that. Till then.. Have a happy holidays with your loved ones!


3 thought(s):

listen to the rain said...

Hahahaha..

I'll keep that in mind when i do get to the marriage line. Hahaha.. Before my future MIL fry me first (coz I HATE to cook)! La la la la..

*^_~*

Lady said...

haha..i hate cooking too~ but everything changed when u got into this 'world'..

lucky me to have an understanding MIL who teaches me to cook~

^,^

Julia Cates said...

Wow its great that u spend 6 day holidays. You have share good tips.
Thanks for share.
wedding songs