Monday, November 3, 2008

Things To Do When Your Mother In Law Is Coming To Your House



Phew..it's been more than a week I didn't get enough rest. Since a week before Deepavali, I've been working so hard till I had less time for myself, I mean, my family. eheh~ I've been busy finishing few important tasks before I leave for a 1-week-course in Melaka (which was last week).

Anyway, last Deepavali, my mother in-law and my two sis in laws came down for a visit. Well, basically, for me *as a daughter in law who doesn't really know how to cook*, this visit was more than a normal visit. Obviously I didnt want to look silly in front of them. I hafta start cleaning my house, surf more recipes *more Johorean food*, and start looking for places to take them to. =D All those kindda thing may sound a bit silly, but trust me, it'll help. Aparrently, when you start to do those thing, it doesn't mean your house macam tongkang pecah ke..or you're a total moron in cooking ke..or stuff like that. It's just that you want it to be all PERFECT *even it's hard to do*. Besides, this was the first mother-in-law visit and I cared about the first impression and what people think about me plus I really want everything to be PERFECT or close to perfect.. lol

So, here are some little something I wanna share.. Most of us might be wondering what we should do when our MOTHER IN LAW is coming to your house FOR THE FIRST TIME..


  1. Make sure your house is in extra clean at EVERY INCH of the house. I mean it. EVERY INCH.. Pastikan rumah sentiasa kemas dan teratur. Ini akan memberi pandangan kepada Mak Mentua kita yang kita ni rajin mengemas walopun kita sebok dengan keje kat ofis. It means a lot man.. It defines how do you actually manage your family, your husband, your house, while you are too busy at work. So proove to her that you are capable in doing everything, not only in your carrier but also in your personal life.

  2. Before her arrival, it's best if you could learn to cook a few dishes especially the one she likes or your husband's favourite. Erm.. Walopun tak la penting sangat, tapi penting jugak untuk ambik hati Mak Mentua. Bukanlah kita nak tunjuk yang kita pandai masak sangat, it's the thought that matters. You know, at least bila kita masak food she likes, dia akan bagi kita komen pasal apa yang tak cukup, apa yang terlebih..and ini akan membuatkan dia rasa dihargai. Well, you know, at least bila kita minta pendapat dia especially in cooking, she'll be very delighted.

  3. After a long busy at work, many of us will spent most of their weekends resting. To recover their energy or freshen up their body. But you'll be even busier if someone are coming to your house. So, to keep you happy and enjoy your weekend with your guests, prepare a list of places o activities to do throughout the weekend. Places where you can relax and enjoy yourself at the same time. In my case, lucky me to have a mom-in-law who enjoys shopping. So dear and I took them for a shopping. Yes..everyday shopping..



    : Me, Ibu, Adik, Akak and Dara, During Our Outing Days :



  4. Wake up earlier in the morning than your mother in-law. And don't forget to prepare the breakfast for the family.. There was one day, I was busy with the laundry and when I was done, it's nearly 10. And all of them had woke up. Starving.. Phew..luckily I manage to prepare some tasty, healthy breakfast within a minute. And Ibu said "Sedapnye.." And I was like "Yeehoooo" in my heart and replied "Tak de la bu..biasa je nih.." Padahal itulah pertama kali mende tu jadik. Nak tau apa I buat? Jeng..jeng..jeng... Fench toast and some jemput-jemput rangup. Sedap gile..Well..I never cook that jemput-jemput with the taste like that before~ It's an accomplishment I'd say~ Ahaks!

  5. Win the heart of the sisters in-law. This is very important because they are the one who'll back you up in certain situation. You know, if you got screwed, who do you think will cover you up besides your husband?? Hehe..That's why we NEED some extra networking.. Begin with.....What do they like..What type of food the luv...What are they craving for...

    As for me, I bought a teddy bear for Akak as she got 7A's in the SPM trial and she loves the bebear. I'd consider myself lucky again as both Adik and Akak were craving for Spagetthi Bolognaise..which I'm good in cooking it. lol

  6. Be yourself in whatever you do. Don't pretend TOO MUCH. KAlau sesekali nak berlakon tu, I'd say it's ok,tapi kalau dah terlalu sangat..erm...please avoid~ Sebab kengkadang kalau terlalu berlakon sangat, people might get to notice it. So, daripada nak malu kemudian hari..better avoid la kan..

  7. This is the most important part. Walau apa pun yang kita buat, mesti diiringi dengan keikhlasan. Setiap keikhlasan yang datang dari hati akan sentiasa terpancar di muka kita. Ini akan turut menggembirakan kita walaupun penat..





: I love them all~ :




psssttt.. I'm sooo lucky to have a gorgeous, sporting, friendly mother in-law. Just like my mom! Plus, she didn't even mention about us having a baby ke tak ke..not a word. hehe. So I consider she's the bestest, most understanding, sporting mom in-law in the whole wide world so far. *notice the word so far? hehehe* I forgot her birthday, and she still said, "It's ok".. What dyu expect? =D Luvya Ibu and Happy Belated Birthday~ *HUGS*




3 thought(s):

salida amran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
salida amran said...

eheee
the in laws will be coming too this friday...it's not just the mom but the whole family including, bro n sis in laws with their spouse n sons and daughters....
it is somehow namely as house warming (for them laaa),open house (even there is no more raya) n first visit...
do pray me all the best as your advice goes in the list...
but luckily me, the in laws not overnight here...
n for you i can say congrats to have a good first impress for them..**hugs**

Anonymous said...

Hehehe..susah jugak nak jaga memula..tapi tu la..kekadang kita orang pompuan ni suka terlebey fikir..anyway, wish u all the best!!As long as kita ikhlas n always take it positively, everything will b fine~ yeehoooo!