Sunday, December 14, 2008

What Do I Like M.O.S.T About J.B?

It's actually the FOOD! Good thing about me is, no matter how much I eat, Alhamdulillah, I can't hardly gain my weight. So, every time we (me n dear, ofkos) go back to my in law's place in Johor Bahru, I tend to eat A LOT. That's what I do most, apart shopping. (J.B has a lot of shopping places too).

Well, there are various kinda food in Johor as a whole. From Kluang, which is well known of the toasted bread and coffee at Kluang Station, to Johor Bharu yang sangat terkenal dengan Otak-otak Kempas (J.B).

Taking the oppurtunity of celebrating Raya Aidiladha there, we, I mean 'I' went for food hunting. Sounds interesting huh. And this were what we managed to eat, in 2 days of hunting.

From Larkin Central -



: A.B.C. Special - RM 3.50 :





: Check that Roti 'Pool' - Roti Bakar served with Special Meat Gravy - RM4.00 :


We can get this special Roti 'Pool' from "Kacang Pool Haji" stall. There are Special Meat gravy, as well as chicken and tuna. They also have kacang 'pool'. Believe me, the taste is sooo magnificent!!!

After had some meal at Larkin Central, we went to 'hunt' Mee Rebus Haji Wahid. Aha! This one, you can't miss! Ranging from the price of RM 3.00 to RM 4.00 (depends on what 'size' do you prefer - small, medium or large), it's affordable and worth to eat. I didn't have a chance to snap a picture of Mee Rebus Haji Wahid, but I have one of Mee Rebus Stulang. Both are ok, but, I'd prefer Haji Wahid's ofkos. The gravy is thicker and lighter in color, and they put one whole of boiled egg, and more delicious sebenarnye.. =p



: Mee Rebus Stulang Special - served with prawns and fried mushrooms :


At night, I had some Soto, Tauhu Goreng, Tauhu Bakar and of course, Otak-Otak Kempas (J.B). The next day, our 'hunting' continued for Lontong (as my breakfast) and last but not least, the Super Yummy-Luscious Cendol which I had 2 bowls in a row! It's called Zain Cendol, a motorsikal roda 3 yang menjual cendol di depan Maybank Tebrau. How fascinating living in a world full of great food.. Alhamdulillah~ On the second day, I don't really have any picture of the food. Left the camera at home by accident and my hp battery is flat. (T,T)

After all, wish I could stay for few days more since there are still lot more food yet to discover. Ouh, and I can't wait to ride a train on our journey back to K.L. Wait for the next post about our train ride yeh!



psst...teringat today's episode of Destinasi Bajet..Mamat nih melawat J.B with only RM300 cash.





3 thought(s):

Unknown said...

uishhhh... roti bakar mcm marvelous jeee... and also the A.B.C. .. so much art into it...

Lady said...

haha..pueh hati ABC dia tuh..plus the roti bakar, makan dengan kuah dia, sedap gileee~

Unknown said...

hurmmm... tapi skrg kena makan all in moderation kan... ill help u go thru the hard time of controlling the food intake...*wink *wink...