Monday, September 1, 2008

Life After Marriage~



It’s Ramadhan again. Thank God that I’m still alive to celebrate Ramadhan. This year is gonna be the first year for me and my dear to celebrate Ramadhan together. After a two-month of marriage, my life has changed little by little especially when we moved in a small yet beautiful apartment.

Since we moved in, kitchen has been my favorite spot *place I hardly go before we got married. Eheh*. I cook everyday. Yes. E-VE-RY-DAY!! Even I’m a working woman, I still cook for breakfast and dinner and also lunch (during weekend). Honestly, I’m a lousy cook. I only know how to cook some rice, eggs and some salad. *Sigh* It’s totally hard for me to adapt to my new life, as a wife. Some may say “Well, if you don’t know how to cook, don’t cook then” or.. “Just cook the instant food” or… “Go and eat outside”.  Which are totally right, but how far can you stand seeing your husband eating instant food, food being prepared in just a few minutes. The all-you-hafta-do-is-just-put-it-in-a-microwave kindda food.

I hafta say, the moment we open the new chapter in our life, I have this feeling that I wanna be a good cook, well at least for my family. I still remember the first dish I cooked for my dear was Sambal Tumis Tuna for his dinner. Apparently I only managed to prepare Sambal Tumis Tuna and caused us to have dinner at 9!! *Bet you know why* I’d say it was a moment that full with Uuhh-Aah-Ouch-Adeih till my dear comes ‘to the rescue’. And he said “It’s ok..you don’t really hafta cook. I can cook for you.” And believe me, man is always man. Today he says “you don’t hafta cook” and tomorrow he ask me to cook some special dish that he’d been craving for. Man!

So today, since today is the first day of Ramadhan, I think I wanna share the simplest recipe to prepare this Sambal Tumis which I learn from my mom. This recipe is really easy to prepare and I hope the young, newly married women out there who don’t really know how to cook, (like me myself~) will enjoy this recipe. \m/

SAMBAL TUMIS TUNA.

Ingredients:

1 or 2 garlic – shredded
5 – 8 small red onions – shredded
2 tablespoons of chili paste (blended dried chilies). You can add more chili paste if you want it hotter.
Some prawn paste (preferable)
1/2 cup of tamarind juice
Some sugar and salt (for the taste)
A can of tuna (I used canned tuna)
Some water

Method:

Heat a wok with oil and sauté garlic and onions till soft. Squeeze the prawn paste inside and add the chili paste. Leave until aromatic and the oil rises. Then, add the tamarind juice, some water (more water if you want more gravy), sugar and salt for taste. Stir the gravy until it boils.

Lastly, add some tuna and leave to boil. Dish out and ready to serve. YUMMY!!!



Tips and Thought:

Erm..this recipe is applied for any sambal tumis ie sambal tumis ikan bilis (the anchovies can be either fried or not before being add into the gravy), sambal tumis sotong, sambal tumis ikan kembung and lot more. HAPPY COOKING~

Before I penned down, I’d like to wish all of you to have a Blessed and Joyous Ramadhan ahead…

0 thought(s):