Thursday, September 4, 2008

House Warming vs Iftar

OMG!! I only have 3 days to prepare for the house warming and iftar at my new apartment. I've sent out the invitations to er...some friends (some = almost 60 of them) and start preparing for the menu. Since this is gonna be my first appearance as a husband and wife in front of my friends, I want this event to be the most memorable one (plus I've been planning to cook for my friends. May be not ALL the menus).

But the problem is my kitchen is not that complete yet. Well...you know...I only have cooking stensils that can only be used to cook for two, and I don't even have time to buy the new ones. So...instead of cooking on my own, I've been thinking of having a pot-luck iftar (huh, Sidang F ni memang terkenal dengan pot luck aje..pantang disebut..lajuuuuu....je~). So they agreed. We're gonna have a pot luck again.

As a host, of cos la I hafta prepare the main dish kan..BUT I only know how to cook some simple dish which I've been practicing for urm...few days after we got married. And I don't really have the gut to cook for about 60 of them. *My mom must be soooooooooooooo proud of me if she knows*. So, the easiest dish that I"M CONFIDENT ENUF to prepare is - Spaghetti. And maybe some nasi goreng kot..Takkan nak jamu spegeti je kan..like HELLO~ this is suppose to be a malay-themed iftar!

So, here it goes...My super duper yummy spaghetti's recipe:


Spagetthi (Bolognaise)


Ingredients (serve for 4 - 6 persons):


1 packet of spaghetti (boil - see the back of the packaging for the method)
1 can of button mushroom (cut into small slices)
1 can of tomato puree
500g minced beef (or chicken. As you wish)
Meat balls
Onions (cubed)
Shredded cheddar cheese
Oregano and thymes (you can used rosemary jugak..sikit..)

*Broccoli / Bunga kobis pon boleh
Carrot
Capsicum

*The vege should be cut into cube. You can use your own choice for the vege~


Easy-Cheesy Steps:

1. Heat the pan with some oil (medium heat). Saute onion until it soft and aromatic.

2. Fry the meatballs and then stir the minced beef until it becomes pale brownish and not so juicy. Add the veges inside and stir.

3. Pour the tomato puree and a can of water (depends on how thick you want the gravy to be). Keep on stirring (still medium heat).

4. After it boils, add the mushrooms and stir at a very low heat.

5. Add the sugar and salt to taste, 2 tablespoons of oregano and 1 tablespoon of thymes (I prefer more oregano and sometimes I put more oregano until I can smell the aroma). Little by little, add the cheese inside. Uhhh I LOVE MORE CHEESE~ I like it to be so cheesy. *And Diha too. *grinn*. Stir.

6. After it boils (and give the "pop-pop" sound), it's ready to be served!



p/s: if you like the gravy to be sweeter, add more sugar. I like it to be a bit more sour.


Well ladies..it's soooooo easy to prepare. It took me less than an hour to prepare this dish to serve my friends for Iftar. So, HAPPY COOKING~ Before I penned off, here are some piccas I got during the iftar. They're such a great bestest friends. We're family F! To all my friends, thank you sooooo much for coming, including my fren from office, Im and my best friend, Shood+Din.
















0 thought(s):